Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How To Celebrate Your Birthday When You're Single


It sucks to be sad on your birthday. i am sad today. it is my birhday. i know i might look happy, but no matter what happens that shows tons of people love and appreciate you, and know that there is one person who doesn't. 24 was suppossed to be a good year. so far the start is rugged. i wake up in the morning after having a dream of me and my ex- significant other as of 3 weeks ago. in the dream we are together and we have a puppy and we ar ein New York and the puppy is really thirsty for some reason.- weird and i have no idea of it's meaning, but needless to say- when you wake up from a dream of comfort of being w/ the one you love, and you are alone and that person is in their own world, w/ other priorities, and it's your freaking day of birth, the exact moment and day that this whole mess called fate got started, well it's particularly hard. i mean a year ago, to this day i was happy. i was in bed w/ the person that made me feel safe, warm and loved. today i woke up feeling the same way i probably felt at the moment of my birth. Confused, naked and cold. Everyone has been there. i'm not special. hell i'm not even special to the person who still says they will love me till the day they die even now when we are apart. it all makes no sense nor will it ever. it's like we don't have to remember those moments of birth, when all hell broke loose and all that we knew and were familiar w/ was ripped from us as we were thrust into the world, but now i have memories. i have memories of empty promises and kisses on the forehead, of trust and love and happiness. and all that i know has been taken and i'm alone in the world, no matter how many people surround me and say "i love you". but my only hope is that life will get better, and it will all make sense and be beautiful just as it was before and in a year to this day i will be w/ someone warm and kind and true, and this day will make sense, just like that day from 24 yrs ago makes sense.

2 comments:

Han said...

I promise that time does help the heart. I cannot imagine how bad this sucks, though. Just know you are in my prayers and I love you VERY much!!!

Han said...

Hey, time for a new post. :O)